Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween 2008

Oh, my child is a loon.  She wanted to be - get this - a garbage can for Halloween.  I showed her princess costumes and other somewhat normal costumes, but she would have none of it.  She wanted to be a garbage can and that was it.  So Nathan and I made her a garbage can costume.... admittedly, Nathan did a lot of the work on this one.  He can be crafty, too!  Here she is in the Halloween parade at preschool on Thursday.  She immediately tripped, basically on the way out the door, so I had to "march" with her for awhile.  Then she decided Mrs. Turner (the director) would do as well as me, so I got to take a few pictures.  By the end of the second lap around the building, she was "marching" by herself.


My one consolation in this whole "my daughter wants to be a garbage can" thing was that it was an original costume.  Right?  Right?? No.  There was another garbage can at school that day.  Whatever.

Here's the costume WITH the lid, right before trick or treating.

When she got tired and didn't want to walk anymore, she "had an idea."  She thought we should get a taxi.  That was a throwback to vacation in Jamaica, where a taxi would stop you every 27 seconds, if not more often.  I explained there were no taxis in our neighborhood, lazy bones, now get to stepping.  I thought she got tired pretty quick, but by the time we got home, it was past 7:00, so I guess she did pretty well.  She got a lot of loot and is already talking about next Halloween.  Halloween 2008 was a success!


2 comments:

zoot said...

I think that's BRILLIANT. My daughter wanted to be a princess and I kinda steered her in a different direction b/c I'm annoying like that!

At my daughter's parade, the older class had a line that came out of four girls. It was: Princess, Princess, Princess, Doctor. It was AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

When my daughter told me she wanted to be a flower, I thought that was bad. A garbage can is so original! And you did such a nice job on the costume. But, I have to admit, I'm surprised that there were two of them.