Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oh Internet Shopping, why must you mess with me?

I was doing soooo good.  I have found some KILLER steals on Amazon for Christmas presents.  Free shipping.  Fast free shipping.  $28 for toys that would cost $60 + tax in the stores.  I was on cloud nine.  Then, karma had to come bite me in the ass.

Who am I kidding?  Not karma.  Ebay.  I think I am officially over ebay.  I made two major purchases and they are both causing nothing but grief.  A present for mom came missing parts and the seller won't accept a return.  I filed a paypal claim to get my money back, but he has until 12/26 to respond.  Did you notice this is AFTER Christmas?  

I also bought a used personal DVD player so Ivy can watch movies during the 14 hours we are going to be spending in the car over Christmas (no exageration there, seriously).  Got it yesterday, it's beautiful.  But the one million dollar question.... does it work?  What do you think?  Would I be writing the post if it did?

I am beyond flustered.  That's almost $200 of crap that isn't what I wanted and won't serve it's purpose.  I sure hope the paypal gods are looking down on me this season and get me some refunds.  Ugh.

No comments: