Friday, September 22, 2006

Is it a full moon?

Ivy has been so different lately. It's not all bad things, just not her usual way of being.
  • Anything having to do with sleep is evil. Nap time? Screaming for at least a half hour sounds like fun. Bedtime? See above. I hate letting her cry. It rips me apart. But I just don't know what else to do. I think that Operation Toddler Bed is commencing. It's the only change I can think to make.
  • She is a little OCD with some of her toys. For example, I bought her the Fisher Price Little People Palace probably six months ago and she hasn't touched it. Yesterday, she played with it. All. Day. Long. She played with the king who came with it. She drove a fire truck and train in and out. It didn't matter what she was doing, as long as she was playing with that pink castle. Oh, and it had to be on the couch. She spewed fire if I tried to put it on the floor. Today, she has been carrying around a bucket of "people" all day. A little pink bucket I have tried to contain her Weebles and Little People in seems to be super glued to her palm. Once again, it doesn't matter what she is doing with said people, as long as she is playing with them on the couch.
  • Eating is always a surprise. I know this is a typical toddler-ism, but one day she'll only eat hot dogs (she literally had them for breakfast, lunch and dinner once... I couldn't get her to eat anything else) and the next day she declares, "No like it!
Seriously, is it a full moon? I know life with a toddler is adventuresome, but one mommy can only handle so much.

No comments: