Monday, October 03, 2005

Thirteen Months

Ivy Lynn,
Today you turned thirteen months old. It was an uneventful day, spent mostly at Trina's for you, and running around for Mommy. Then you got to go to a staff meeting with Mommy, where you poured toys all over the floor and screamed whenever I said "no." But when you knew people were watching, you performed. You laughed when the teachers laughed and pretended to drink out of a big girl cup. You are too darn cute.

You continue to amaze me every day. I know Trina is teaching you things while I am at work, and it makes me sad that it's not me teaching you everything. You are getting better at pointing to body parts. Whenever I ask you where your nose is, you point to your cheek. Then when I ask again, you point to -my- nose. And usually pick it for me. You are soooo close to walking. You stand up by yourself a lot more than you ever have. I love it when you do it all by yourself, but don't realize what you are doing. That's when you stand the longest.

You are starting to throw tantrums already. I try to look at this positively, and tell myself that you are growing up to be a strong woman.

I love helping you learn things. I love hearing your laugh. I love seeing your two-toothed smile. I love waking you up in the morning and I love rocking you before bed. I love the way you toss and turn in your sleep. I love every little thing that there is to love about you.

Love,
Mama

No comments: