Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Missing Ivy

This past weekend, I went to visit Nathan in Oklahoma City, where he is for work. Mom watched Ivy for me, but I can't go pick her up until Thursday. I didn't realize how much I would miss that little booger. I mean, I knew I would miss her, but I REALLY MISS her.

Mom told me two adorable stories today. First, Ivy has mastered clapping on cue during "If You're Happy and You Know It." She has a frog that plays that song. Mom and Ivy were driving in the car and Ivy's frog started singing the song. Ivy clapped -the frog's- hands together at the right place in the song. How flipping adorable!

Second, as I have said, Ivy is working on learning her body parts. She much prefers pointing to other people's parts instead, though. So Mom was asking her "Where's my eyes?" "Where's my nose?" and other parts. (Oh, I forgot to mention Mom had her glasses off and sitting on the table.) So she asked Ivy "Where's my eyes?" and Ivy pointed to her glasses on the table! Genius baby, I tell ya.

I miss my genius baby.

No comments: