Sunday, July 06, 2008

So few updates, so much time

So many things have happened in the past couple months that actually have made me say "I need to blog that." And we all know I am by no means a professional blogger. They don't pay people who post once every couple of months to blog.

Of course, now that I am sitting down to blog, I can't remember any of them. So I'll tell you about our holiday weekend, since that is fresh in my mind.

Ivy is deathly afraid of loud noises, to the point that we didn't even consider going to fireworks this year. We did, however, buy some sparklers. Of course she was afraid they would make noise. Of course I was nervous she would set something (namely, herself) on fire. Of course she stayed up way too late so we could wait until it was dark to do them. But oh, was it worth it when I saw the look in her eyes. I truely can not remember a time where I have seen her so happy, glowing from the inside over something so simple as a sparkler. Her eyes sparkled (and not from the reflection of the flaming stick in her hand) and her grin was as big as her face. Of course, I didn't get a picture of the first sparkler, but I did run and get my camera so I could document her first sparkler experience, even if it wasn't the first sparkler. We then retired to the couch to watch the downtown Toledo fireworks on TV. Not quite the same, but a brilliant idea to be able to turn down the volume on fireworks, no?

Yesterday we took Ivy to Par 2 golf course. As she would say, the "pupp pupp course". She's been talking for awhile about wanting to play miniature golf, and we bought her a cheap little set of golf clubs at Big Lots, but she wanted to play "real pupp pupp." So we went. And we played. And she was so annoying. For some reason I had a very low tolerance for the rock throwing and not listening yesterday. The first 6 holes or so were very cute, but then I got frustrated and moody. Anyone surprised there? No? Okay, moving on then.

We also did the Go Karts. Ivy LOVED them. They are apparently race cars. Daddy drove her and I drove my own car. I don't know if he was coaching her or not, but as we sat in the "pits" waiting to go she was yelling things like "See you at the finish line" and "We're gonna win, nah nah nah nah nah nah" at me. Actually very cute at the time. She really loved it and wasn't afraid at all. Even when they got in a wreck and the front of their go kart was wedged under the side of the road. The workers had to get the crow bar. Very exciting time.

No comments: