Friday, July 11, 2008

Infomercial Queen

Ivy loves commercials. She especially loves those "as seen on TV" infomercial type comercials. The girl can tell you all about Aquaglobes and Roll and Grow and Blendy Pens. And don't forget Green Bags. "Spoiled produce? Not again. Stop THROWING AWAY YOUR MONEY MOMMY." You should see the hand gestures that go with that one.

We were sitting on the couch cuddling earlier this week. I was on my laptop, Ivy was watching TV. I wasn't really listening to the TV. This conversation ensued.

Ivy: Mommy, do you love me?
Me : Of course I love you.
Ivy: Then you have to get me Zoobooks. See them on the TV?

I mean, at least she was asking for something educational. But still. I didn't think I had to start buying her love for at least another eight or ten years. Crap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post, and your last post about weddings, actually made me laugh out loud. This is such a great age (setting aside the awful tantrums of course). Thanks for sharing.