Thursday, January 03, 2008

Smart ass

Pardon the language, but there just isn't a more appropriate title for this post.

This afternoon Ivy and I went out to lunch. While we were waiting for dessert (lucky girl that she is) we were playing I Spy. You know.... "I spy with my little eye, something [insert color here]."

Fast forward to bed time. Ivy picked out a book, hopped into bed and announced we needed to play I Spy before reading Burger Boy. The following conversation ensued:

Mommy: I spy with my little eye something..... [pause]
Ivy: RED!!!
M: Okay, I spy with my little eye, something red.
I: Your zits!!!! Your zits are red, Mommy! They are really really red.

Thanks, kid. Way to stomp my self esteem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, we wait so long for them to start talking, and then when they do? Eh. I think they're all little smart asses. But cute. You have to give them that.