Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Potty Time

I can vividly recall barging in on my mom in the bathroom all the time as a child. I guess it's just something kids do, and upon having a child, I accepted the fact that I would never again get to use the bathroom in peace. Little did I know exactly what was in store....

Last night I was using the bathroom before leaving for a staff meeting. I hadn't seen Ivy much all day, so I didn't protest when she followed me into the bathroom. She proceeded to get a single sheet of toilet paper off of the roll. "How cute," I thought, "she knows what the toilet paper is for." She then started to try to put the toilet paper in the toilet, with me still on it. At least, that's what I thought she was trying to do. She repeatedly shoved her little hand between my legs and I repeatedly coached her to put the paper in the potty. After six or seven times, I finally realized what she was actually trying to do was WIPE for me! I suppose she figures we do it for her, she might as well return the favor. Thanks, but no thanks, kid. I do think this is just one more sign that it's time to get a potty chair for her, though. I can't even fathom that she is old enough to start potty training, but the signs are there.

1 comment:

AHR said...

OK- I just read this and I am cracking up!!! LOL
That is too cute, I've been wondering about potty training for H! I dunno if it's time yet! Let me know how that goes!

Aleigha and H