Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Well Check

Ivy went to the doctor today for her nine month well check. Here's the stats:

Length - 28" (75%)
Weight - 20.0 pounds (75%)
Head - not sure on this one, but it was past the 100 percentile!!!

So her noggin is still huge, but the pedi said not to worry, one of her parents must just have a big head... my vote is for Nathan because it sure can't be me, lol. Everything else is looking good.... Dr. Amy said Ivy has an umbilical hernia(!!) which kind of made me mad because no one has ever mentioned it before. Also, she said she was totally fine with me not starting table food yet, especially with the distinct lack of teeth. She admitted she is conservative when it comes to table food because she had some issues with children having a "rough time" with it during her residency.... all I can figure is choking?? She said her reccommendation would be to wait until a year if that is what I want.

Here's some bad news.... when we got there and they took Ivy's temp, it was 99.2. Girly usually runs pretty low, like in the 97s, so right away I thought "ear infection." And I was right. Her right ear is fine, but her left ear hasn't cleared up from the last infection (two weeks ago). Dr. Amy said she hears from lots of parents that they don't like the ENT's, that they don't listen and just reccommend surgery, and said our decision to wait through the summer is fine, BUT if after this clears up Ivy gets ANOTHER infection, she wouldn't wait if it were her daughter. So now that's on my plate again. Only time will tell.

No comments: